Did you know that 1 in 39 men who are diagnosed with prostate cancer will die? In fact, in 2016 alone, there have been 26,120 reported deaths. These statistics are shocking. Movember is an annual event which takes place during the month of November every year. It hopes to raise awareness about the different cancers which affect men each year, including prostate cancer. Throughout the month-long event, men within the UK grow a moustache in support of the cause. The goal is to ‘change the face of men’s health’.
To show our support, here are 8 odd yet interesting facts you probably didn’t know about moustaches…
- Albert Einstein grew and was able to maintain his moustache for over 50 years!
- The longest moustache in the world is 14 foot and belongs to an Indian man called Ram Singh Chauhan.
- Human hair, including moustache hair, grows roughly 0.014 inches per day which is 5-6 inches a year.
- The average man’s face, who doesn’t shave smooth, has between 10-20 thousand hairs.
- There have only been 4 US presidents who have had a moustache, the last being in 1909. Every other president has been clean shaven.
- The King of Hearts is the only card in a deck which doesn’t have a moustache.
- US marine are not allowed to grow a moustache which is longer than half an inch.
- The first moustache is history is dated back to 300 B.C.
Here at The Healthy Living and Fitness, we think that men’s health is very important and urge all men out there to take part in Movember this November; lets raise awareness for a necessary cause and end 2016 on a good note!